As one of Nepal's most reputable, government-registered trekking companies, Nepal Trekking Experts (NTE) prides itself on trustworthy and transparent operations. The following terms and conditions reflect a mutual understanding between NTE and its clients regarding your tour(s) with us. The confirmation of your trip signifies your full agreement with these terms and conditions. NTE values your privacy and commits to keeping all of your personal information confidential.
Terms and Conditions
- In order to book your trek, we require a deposit of 10% of the total cost of the trek(s). Please also forward a copy of your passport, a passport-sized photo, and full flight details. For your convenience, you may forward the deposit to us online through our website. However, a 3.5% fee of the total amount (which is assessed by our local Nepalese bank) will apply.
- Full payment must be received prior to the start of the trip.
- All deposits are non-refundable in the event that you cancel the trip. However, you may transfer a portion of the deposit (lesser expenses we have incurred on your behalf, such as flight bookings, hotel reservations, permits, etc.) to a different booking or to a friend. The last-minute trip cancellation costs 20% of the total amount of the trip.
- In the event, a trek or tour cannot be completed, either through your own choice (voluntary) or some outside event (involuntary), trek or tour fees are nonrefundable. If, however, the cancellation arose from an action on the part of NTE or a member of our staff, the situation will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- NTE cannot be held responsible for any additional expenses arising from flight cancellations due to bad weather or air traffic. However, we will work diligently to provide the best alternative possible. Any cancellation charges will be deducted from any applicable refund.
- Travel insurance is mandatory for all NTE clients. NTE cannot be held liable for hazards such as mountain sickness or accidents.
- Your safety is of the utmost importance to us. NTE reserves the right to cancel any trip due to unavoidable and/or unforeseen conditions that would make the excursion unsafe, such as flight cancellations, inclement weather, natural disasters, wars, political situations, riots, government intervention, sickness, strikes, a pandemic, etc.